Friday, June 24, 2016

Review: The Power by: Jennifer L. Armentrout



The Power
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout


Genre: New Adult Fantasy
Length: 344 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads:

With any great change, there is always strife, and the Covenant University has become the frontline between pure-bloods who want the Breed Order reinstated and the half-bloods who want the right to control their own destinies.

Fate has other plans.

 The violence is escalating and war between the races seems inevitable, and it couldn’t come at a worse time. Hyperion may be out of commission, but Josie and Seth know they have only earned a reprieve.  Seth must get Josie fully prepared, which means controlling her newfound abilities, and they need to find the other demigods before the Titans do.

But the gods are sensing a greater threat. 

Only one thing is more dangerous than a bunch of starved Titans, and that’s an out-of-control Apollyon. The aether in Josie is drawing Seth in deeper, and when lust mixes with love and gives way to power, he knows being close to her is not only dangerous to her, but to everyone around them, but letting her go requires a level of selflessness that just isn’t Seth’s style.

The paths taken in the past are becoming the roads of the future.

Just as chaos breaks out, familiar faces from the past return, complicating the already strained bond between Josie and Seth, and when the danger from the Titans erupts with devastating consequences, the dark allure of power calls to Seth again, but this time Josie might not be able to pull him back.

 And when the struggle between power and love becomes the deadliest battleground, there may be no salvation.



My Review:

My Rating:

***Caution May Contain Spoilers***

Spectacular! Captivating! Another amazing book by Jennifer L. Armentrout. 

Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE AUTHORS!! So far I haven't read a book of hers that I haven't liked. She has an amazing writing still that just draws you in from the very first page. I would find myself reading a chapter here and there throughout my work day. I just couldn't put it down! I'm already anticipating Book 3, it can't be released soon enough.

Why, oh why must she be so good a writing sexy, drop-dead amazing male characters. She has officially ruined real men for me because no one could every be amazing as the men she writes...lol!! Team Seth all the way! His witty, smart-ass charm is what makes this series so great for me. She does an amazing job combining comedy and thrills in one book. 

Seth and Josie are so cute together, I love reading the comical dialogue. I often find myself laughing at some of the things they say to one another. It is never a dull moment with those two. So, when they had their little split at the beginning I was worried this may turn into a not so fun book. Good news is that split didn't last more than a couple chapters and even then they never stopping thinking of one another. I enjoy Seth's POV, that boy thinks of some very odd things but it is always entertaining. I can't wait to see how the next book starts especially after the soul-crushing ending we were left with.

“I had to prove that what he believed wasn't true. Prove that he was the total of everything he had done and not the dark things he was ashamed of, and I would do so because I loved him and accepted him for who he was, for all his faults. That was what love meant. Love fostered courage.”

This book focused a lot on Seth and his past. I definitely did not see the turn that took place at the end. Seth, possibly being the God Killer....wait what?!? That is a twist I did not see coming and a certainly was not ready for it. Now the gang is on the hunt for Seth. I can't wait to see where he ends up in Book 3. And will Josie be able to save him? 

Now, I believe in my last review of The Return I mention I had not yet read The Covenant Series and it would appear it is still true. I have yet to get my hands on the series, being too busy reading so many other books. But, they are being put on my must read ASAP list so I can have a better understanding of Alex, Aiden and Seth's history. Especially now that Alex and Aiden have returned. Even though I haven't read the previous series I truly enjoyed reading about Alex and Aiden in this series. It's nice to bring the gang back together! 

All in all I absolutely love this series and can't wait to read The Struggle and I hope it doesn't end there. I have my fingers crossed for many more books in this series and least two more. :)


Published by: K

No comments:

Post a Comment