Sunday, April 17, 2016

Review: The Iron Trial by: Holly Black & Cassandra Clare

The Iron Trial
By: Holly Black & Cassandra Clare


Series: The Magisterium Series
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Length: 295 pages

Synopsis From Goodreads:

Most kids would do anything to pass the Iron Trial.

Not Callum Hunt. He wants to fail.

All his life, Call has been warned by his father to stay away from magic. If he succeeds at the Iron Trial and is admitted into the Magisterium, he is sure it can only mean bad things for him.

So he tries his best to do his worst - and fails at failing.

Now the Magisterium awaits him. It's a place that's both sensational and sinister, with dark ties to his past and a twisty path to his future.

The Iron Trial is just the beginning, for the biggest test is still to come . . .


My Review:

Rating:


Wow...this has to be one of the best books I have read by far! I didn't want to put this book down for anything. While I have read many of Cassandra Clare's books (The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, two of my FAVORITE series!!), this is my first book written by Holly Black and I have to say she is as phenomenal an author as Cassandra. I look forward of reading more of her work, starting with book two of The Magisterium Series

As I read this book it took me back to the days of Hogwarts, so much of this book had a Harry Potter feel, from the characters to the remarkable world of magic that Holly and Cassandra developed. Which only made me love this book even more, my friends and I think it is almost as good as J.K. Rowlings Harry Potter Series

I absolutely loved Callum and Aaron's friendship, their witty banter reminded me a lot of Harry and Ron from Harry Potter. Like the scene where Aaron offers Callum some chips, I can totally see Ron doing the same to Harry on the Hogwarts Express. They are both the best main characters I've every had the pleasure of reading about and sharing a splendid adventure through dangerous obstacles and magical wonders with. 

Then there is Tamara, whom acts all motherly just like Hermione. The characters that Holly and Cassandra developed takes me back to my Harry Potter reading crazy. This new series feels as though Hogwarts has been reborn for a new generation of book lovers. 

I highly recommend reading this series, especially if you have a love for Harry Potter. I can't wait to start reading book two of this already great series. Stay tune for my review on book two, I have feeling I am going to fly through book two.



Published by: C


No comments:

Post a Comment