Monday, September 3, 2018

Review: See Me by Nicholas Sparks

See Me
By: Nicholas Sparks


Genre: Romance
Length: 486 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads:

See me just as I see you . . .

Colin Hancock is giving his second chance his best shot. With a history of violence and bad decisions behind him and the threat of prison dogging his every step, he's determined to walk a straight line. To Colin, that means applying himself single-mindedly toward his teaching degree and avoiding everything that proved destructive in his earlier life. Reminding himself daily of his hard-earned lessons, the last thing he is looking for is a serious relationship.

Maria Sanchez, the hardworking daughter of Mexican immigrants, is the picture of conventional success. With a degree from Duke Law School and a job at a prestigious firm in Wilmington, she is a dark-haired beauty with a seemingly flawless professional track record. And yet Maria has a traumatic history of her own, one that compelled her to return to her hometown and left her questioning so much of what she once believed.

A chance encounter on a rain-swept road will alter the course of both Colin and Maria's lives, challenging deeply held assumptions about each other and ultimately, themselves. As love unexpectedly takes hold between them, they dare to envision what a future together could possibly look like . . . until menacing reminders of events in Maria's past begin to surface.

Rich in emotion and fueled with suspense, SEE ME reminds us that love is sometimes forged in the crises that threaten to shatter us . . . and that those who see us for who we truly are may not always be the ones easiest to recognize.


My Review:

Rating:

First I must apologize from being absent for so long; this year has been busier than expected with my best friends wedding, family reunion and my cousin moving in for her last year of school, I haven't had much time for reading. And being as I haven't had much time for reading I have found myself in bit of a slump. Every book I had picked up just was not holding my interest, that is until I started reading See Me by Nicholas Sparks. 

Nicholas Sparks' books have always been able to pull me out of my reading slumps, I don't know what it is exactly I just know that once I start reading I have a difficult time putting the book down. See Me was no different, I didn't want to put it down. 

See Me follows the newly developing relationship of Maria Sanchez and Colin Hancock, two unlikely people who develop a love for one another through trying times. 

Sparks has this amazing way of writing that just captures your heart and has you hooked to the lives of these characters. You find yourself engrossed in this epic love story that many crave. 

I love the way Nicholas Sparks captures this beautiful relationship while also adding a pinch of mystery. He intertwined the two genres perfectly without it being cheesy. At every turn he had you wondering who the real culprit was and what they really wanted from Maria. He worked his magic and wrote a beautifully captivating love story. And the thing I love most about his books is that these stories seem so real, he truly puts his heart and soul into every word and every detail. 

So I must say a big thank you to Nicholas Sparks for helping me escape my reading slump!! I can't wait to read more of your books. 

If you haven't already read this book I would definitely take the time to sit and enjoy this story, Nicholas Sparks has done a remarkable job yet again!! 


Published by: K

No comments:

Post a Comment