Sunday, March 3, 2019

Review: Wild Crush by Simone Elkeles


Wild Crush
By: Simone Elkeles


Series: Wild Card Series
Genre: Young Adult, Romance
Length: 304 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads:

When the only girl you want is the one you can't have...

Bad boy Vic Salazar breaks all the rules except one: Don't make a move on your best friend's girl. It’s a Guy Code that Vic lives by. It doesn't matter that he's had a crush on her for years. Monika Fox is off limits.

Monika has a secret of her own and when a tragedy throws her and Vic together, the only boy she trusts is the one she shouldn’t confide in. Vic.

As Vic struggles to keep his distance, and Monika struggles with her secrets, will their wild connection violate every rule both vowed never to break—about relationships, about friendship, about love?
 



My Review:

Rating:

One beautifully written page-turner!!

Simone Elkeles has always been one of my favorite authors!! After reading Perfect Chemistry back in high school I have been hooked on her writing; the Perfect Chemistry series was my absolute favorite. Sadly over the years I have drifted away some from her books, however this past week I pick up Wild Crush and instantly remembered why I love her books. 

Wild Crush follows a troubled football player, Victor and his high school crush Monika on a rollercoaster of emotions. Vic is a start football player with a crappy home life and a secret love for his best friend's girlfriend. Monika carries a secret pain of her own, however when tragedy hits their small town of Fremont Vic and Monika find themselves growing closer. Can their new found feelings survive the loss of someone they both loved? Or will their grief tear them apart?

I struggled with putting this book down, I just had to get to the end. I had to know what was in store for Vic and Monika. 

And I must say I loved the fact that Simone brought back characters that we loved from her previous series, Perfect Chemistry. I definitely was not expecting a cameo from Alex Fuentes and his old friend Isabel, who turned out to be such a strong role model for Victor. 

This book is phenomenal and I can't wait to read more of her books. I can't even remember why I stopped reading them...every single one keeps me captivated from the very first page. This is one series that I highly recommend! 


Published by: K


No comments:

Post a Comment