Sunday, August 4, 2019

Review: The Prophecy by Jennifer L. Armentrout



The Prophecy
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout



Series: The Titans Series
Genre: New Adult, Fantasy, Mythology
Length: 341 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads:

History is on repeat…

Seth never thought he’d have a future. But now he’s on the brink of having it all with Josie: A tomorrow. A family. A forever. And all that's standing between him and that forever is the Titans. If he helps Josie entomb them -- without killing them, a nearly impossible task for him -- everything he could ever want will be in reach. But he soon realizes that as a god, every little choice he makes can reshape the world for the better… or worse. And in meddling with the Titans, Seth may have just set into motion catastrophic consequences that will force the Olympians to enter the mortal realm and reshape the delicate balance of power that keeps the world from total collapse.

A price must be paid…

Entombing the Titans is Josie’s top priority. After all, it was what she was born to do. But the plans her father put into play to help her are no longer an option, and the odds she and Seth face in forging their own path are grim. The escalating violence between halfs and pures only increases the danger closing in on them and their friends. Josie knows their chances of succeeding in their task are slim at best -- and if they fail, they might lose everything. But she also knows she's not fighting just for herself -- she's fighting for the man she loves, for their future, for the world. Together with the Army of Awesome, Josie and Seth will face the unthinkable. And to win this war, the ultimate sacrifice must be made.

For the end is here and the Prophecy will be fulfilled….



***Caution Spoilers Ahead***


My Review:
Rating:

“What I feel for you increases every waking moment and sometimes that scares the hell out of me but I love you. Yesterday. Today. A thousand tomorrows from now, I will be in love with you.” 

Sadly this is my last review for The Titan series and it is a bittersweet moment...while I am sad to be saying goodbye to these characters and their stories, I can say without a doubt that JLA did them justice. 

I started out by re-reading the previous 3 books in order to prepare for this final installment in this remarkable series. Before this series I had never read a JLA book...The Return was my first and is what got me hooked. When I discovered it was a spinoff to her Covenant series. I went straight to Amazon in order to purchase the series so I could understand Seth's background. To see what was so important about Seth's past. 

This series has to be one of my favorites out of all her series; sliding right up next to The Lux series. I don't think I could ever pick between the two. I was hooked on this series from the very first page and with re-reading the series I discovered new reasons to love it even more. (One being Seth and I share a birthday...lol!!) 

This book picks up with Josie and Seth struggling to juggle their lives as deities and the impending future of parenthood. Even with all the bad surrounding them the book starts out light, with them both happy and looking forward to forever together. However, just like the prior books it takes a turn for the worst...not only are the Titans destroying Chicago, there is a battle being waged among the Pures and the Halfs at the University. How can they take on these two battles? 

Not only are they faced with trouble at the University, Apollo drops a bombshell that has everyone grasping at straws in order to stop the Titans. However, there is only one path to take and it means saying goodbye to one of our most beloved characters. 

There are so many developments throughout this last chapter that leaves your head spinning. One must say goodbye in order to save those they loved and one is not who they seem, tricking us all. 


This book was a bittersweet ending and a grand farewell to some of the most beloved characters ever! While I am sad to being saying goodbye to Seth and Josie and Alex and Aiden, I couldn't have been more happy with the way this series ended. It was heart-wrenching a times, bringing tears to my eyes; while at other times I just couldn't contain my smile. 

I look forward to seeing what JLA has in store for us in the future, she never disappoints when it comes to her characters or writing. She doesn't hold back and you can tell she loves what she does! :)


Published by: K

No comments:

Post a Comment