Sunday, December 15, 2019

Review: Neverwas by Kelly Moore, Larkin Reed & Tucker Reed

Neverwas
By: Kelly Moore, Larkin Moore & Tucker Reed



Series: The Amber House Trilogy
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Mystery
Length: 320 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads:

"I was sixteen the second time I had my first kiss...."

At the end of AMBER HOUSE, Sarah made a choice that transformed everything--and now she must choose it all again.

Things are very different--better--for Sarah and her family: her Aunt Maggie grew up; her parents are happily married; her grandmother died after a long, productive and respected life. But other things are different too, and not for the better.

After growing up in the free country of the Pacific Northwest, Sarah Parsons has settled in at Amber House, the stately Maryland home that's been in her family for generations. But the world surrounding the House feels deeply wrong to Sarah. It's a place where the colonists lost the 1776 Insurrection, where the American Confederation of States still struggles with segregation, and where Sarah is haunted by echoes of a better world that she knows never existed.

Her friend Jackson shares these visions of a different world--and together, they manage both to remember the way things ought to be, and to plan a daring mission that will reset the universe once again. Sarah must figure out what has changed, and why, and how she can fix it--how she can find her way to another otherwhen.



♞ ♞ ♞ ♞ 


My Review:
Rating:
★★★★

After, reading Amber House I couldn't wait to pick up Neverwas to see what was in store for Sarah, Jackson and Sammy. I'll be honest the ending to Amber House had me a bit confused as to where we were going in book two. I never would have guessed a complete history and story change. And I must say I loved it. 

Neverwas picks up much where Amber House began, we are attending Gramma's funeral yet again only this time the circumstances are different. So much changed when Sarah saved her brother, Sammy from the mirror world. She saved more than one person that day and that choice rewrote history as we know it. Some of these changes have ruined the lives of so many people and Sarah is the only one that can rewrite history one more time. 

"He smiles and nodded, 'I know that too. I've seen you and loved you a whole lifetime's worth, Sare. You were worth dying for.'"

Once again we follow Sarah and Jackson as they struggle to piece together what went wrong and fix the past in order to save their future. But Sarah doesn't know where to start and with her fuzzy memory the task almost seems impossible. However, there's no worry, the house is determined to show Sarah exactly what she needs to see in order to save everyone she holds dear. 

The time travel, paranormal and constant mystery had me on the edge of my seat. These books have been quite the page-turners and I enjoyed every second. The writing is so captivating and flows along beautifully, that you feel transported into Amber House right alongside Sarah and Jackson as they piece together the many secrets hidden within the house.

These are two books I would highly recommend. I am truly disappointed that the final book has not yet been released after all these years. I am itching to know what is in store for Sarah, Jackson and Sammy. Did she do it? Was she able to get to the future Jackson as seen? I need to know that answers!! 


Published by: K

No comments:

Post a Comment