Sunday, January 17, 2016

Review: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

The Infinite Sea
By: Rick Yancey

Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Length: 320 pages

Synopsis From Goodreads:

How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.


My Review:

Rating:

Another gripping page-turner!!

Absolutely loved this sequel. We all know most sequels are never as good as the first book, but Rick Yancey did a great job making this book just as captivating as book one!!

OMG...Rick Yancey is a phenomenal writer, I was sucked right into this story just like I was with The 5th Wave. The book started out a bit slow, but after a couple of pages I was engulfed in the amazing story Rick Yancey has developed. This book is quite a bit shorter than The 5th Wave, which of course I was a bit disappointed about, but now that I have finished it I think it was just the right length. The end leaves you ready for the final installment, The Last Star. A cliffhanger that keeps you guessing and ready for more!

All the events that took place developed during a short period of time as well. While one character was trapped in a new Camp Haven the other characters where planning their escape from a run-down hotel. Also, the first book focused mostly on Cassie, while this book centered more around Ringer. I had hoped for more of Cassie, but I came to really enjoy read about Ringer. I loved getting to read more about her character, we didn't get to see much of her in book one. I wasn't a big fan of hers throughout the first book, but now that has changed. I am really rooting for her character in book three.

Ringer and Razor are quite the pair...I loved their witty conversations as she was laid up in a hospital bed after Vosch injected her with "the hub." She has been upgraded into a stronger human-being, which I found quite interesting a definitely did not see coming. Way to turn the story all around on us Mr. Yancey. ;) I can't wait to see what happens to these two amazing characters. The end of the book definitely leaves you guessing as to what might come next for these two. 

Rick Yancey really knows how to develop characters we can fall in love with. 

Of course the invincible Evan is still alive...Thank God!! I love his character. He and Cassie are perfect together and I can't wait to read more of them in The Last Star! Of course...like Evan fashion he had me a bit worried during this book, but he surprised us once again! :D

This book answers quite a few of the questions book one left us with, however it only brings up new questions that I can't wait to have answered. Where are the aliens if not in the "infected?" What is their true agenda? Are they really aliens or is something else going on here?

And the big question, why do they really need these advanced humans? What secrets do they have?

May cannot get here soon enough. I'm so excited for my birthday month this year, just so I can get this book!! I have to know how everything ends. If you haven't read this series you definitely should. It is an amazing story, that really pulls you in from page one. 

Hmmm....what should I read next while I wait? :)


Published by: K



No comments:

Post a Comment