Sunday, May 1, 2016

Review: Allegiant by: Veronica Roth

Allegiant
By: Veronica Roth

Series: Divergent Series
Genre: Dystopian
Length: 544 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads: 

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningliess. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend to complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, ALLEGIANT, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the DIVERGENT series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in DIVERGENT and INSURGENT.


My Review:

Rating:

My sister got to meet Veronica Roth when we went to YallFest a couple years ago in Charleston. She and my best friend stood in line for up to an hour and a half to meet her and she was so excited when she did. It was an amazing event, with so many remarkable authors. We look forward to trying to go again this year. 

Now on to my review of this amazing finale!

Okay so going into this book, I had already heard the spoilers about what happens to Tris. That being said I wasn't really interested in reading a book where something so terrible happens to such a loved character, so I put this book on hold for a long time and now I have finally read the final installment to the amazing Divergent Series and I am glad I finally picked up the book.

Veronica Roth is a phenomenal author and she truly knows how to develop such an intense and dangerous world. I felt has though I was living through all the experiences the characters went through. It was great getting to read from both Tobias and Tris's POV's. I always wondered what was going through Tobias's head. It was kind of sad to see that he wasn't the always confident, brave soul from Divergent. It was nice actually getting to read more about him and see what he thought of everything that was occurring. 

I loved how the story took a genetic turn, I honestly did not see that coming and it was a unique twist on a dystopian story. I liked getting to meet new people, Mathew was probably one of my favorite new characters. As for Nita, I didn't trust her for a second. It really ticked me off when Tobias went right along with her in her plans to rebel against the Bureau all because they told him he was "genetically damaged." 

As we all know I was prepared for the death of Tris because of all the spoilers on social network. However, I was not ready to lose so many beloved characters through this book and it felt as though their deaths all hit at once. This ending was probably the saddest ending I have read in a long time, it almost felt as though I was reading a Nicholas Sparks book. Reading from Tobias's POV only made her death more real. But I can't blame Veronica Roth for killing off Tris, the entire time she focuses on how far one will go to protect those that they love and for Tris that was sacrificing her own life. It made her death mean something and made it that much harder to deal with.

This was a great ending to an already pretty amazing series, plus I could stand Tris a lot more in this book. Insurgent was hard for me to get through because of her drastic personality change. It was nice to see her back to the strong female role she played.

I am a big fan of Veronica Roth, and look forward to reading any future books she writes!


Published by: K

No comments:

Post a Comment