Sunday, October 16, 2016

Review: The Heir by: Kiera Cass

The Heir
By: Kiera Cass

Series: The Selection Series
Genre: Young Adult Romance, Dystopian
Length: 342 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads: 

Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.
 

My Review:

Rating:

Kiera Cass is a phenomenal author. I love her writing style and the way she brings such a magnificent world to life. I enjoyed this story, however not as much as I loved Maxon and America's story. It was nice to see them all grown up with children of their own. When I saw that there was a continuation to this remarkable series I couldn't wait to start reading it. However, I found myself to be a bit disappointed.

"I'm Eadlyn Schreave, and no one in the world is as powerful as me."

I found Eadlyn to be selfish, rude and very egotistical. I found her to be very annoying. She was closed off and determined to sabotage the Selection process by making the men hate her or fear her enough to leave. However, as the story continues her plans only backfire and her country begins to wonder her true motives behind the Selection. 


While Eadlyn went on several dates, I never really felt her connect with anyone other than maybe Kile. This book lacked much of the romance that was found in the previous books. Every time I started a new chapter I was waiting for a heart-stopping romance to begin brewing with Eadlyn and one of the Selected. I know who I hope she picks, but I have a feeling based off of some spoilers I accidentally stumbled upon that she does not pick my favorite.

The cliff-hanger was heartbreaking! How could Kiera Cass do this to us? I felt like the ending was abrupt, yet it added something that the story was lacking. 

I still plan on reading The Crown, only because I want to see what becomes of America and Maxon. I had high hopes for this book, especially after the amazing writing in the first three books. Maybe this last book will redeem this lack-luster story. 


Published by: K

No comments:

Post a Comment