Saturday, October 8, 2016

Review: The One by: Kiera Cass

The One
By: Kiera Cass

Series: The Selection Series
Genre: Young Adult Romance, Dystopian
Length: 323 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads:

The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.
 


My Review:

Rating:


So I have to start by saying I started this series last year and absolutely  loved the first two books but never really got around to finishing it. Sadly I took a break from the series and started reading other books, so when I saw this book sitting on my bookshelf unread I decided it was time to finish this series. I am glad I finally read this book because it was the best conclusion to an already amazing story.

Kiera Cass is an amazing author. I love her writing style, she develops such loving characters and builds a remarkable dystopian world of kings and queens. She makes you truly feel for the characters, almost as if you are living the story through America. When she is loathing the king or falling in love with the prince you find yourself feeling all the emotions with her. Kiera Cass is a phenomenal author and I can't wait to read more of her work!

We got to learn so much more about the Northern rebels and their true goals. I liked learning they weren't the real bad guys. They just wanted to better the kingdom and get rid of the castes. We even find out that America's father had a connection to the Northern rebels, sadly that revolution only came after her father passed.

Maxon and America have the cutest relationship. I loved watching their relationship grow and blossom into something amazing. They went through somewhat normal relationship struggles, even though they lived in a castle.

It was even nice to see that Aspen had moved on from America with Lucy. The way they both came clean about their feelings after such a tragic act of violence. Turns out they both found love in a castle they grew up despising.

This book had me craving more from the very beginning. This was a true page-turner. I would be up until midnight reading, having to know what happens. In only a couple of days I powered through this book.

I would definitely recommend this series to anyone that hasn't read it yet. Kiera Cass has done an amazing job with this series. I have a feeling I'll be reading The Hier next.


Published by: K

No comments:

Post a Comment