Sunday, August 6, 2017

Review: True by Erin McCarthy

True
By: Erin McCarthy


Series: True Believers
Genre: New Adult Romance
Length: 222 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads:

When Rory Macintosh’s roommates find out that their studious and shy friend has never been with a guy, they decide that, as an act of kindness they’ll help her lose her virginity by hiring confident, tattooed bad boy Tyler Mann to do the job…unbeknownst to Rory.

Tyler knows he’s not good enough for Rory. She’s smart, doctor smart, while he’s barely scraping by at his EMT program, hoping to pull his younger brothers out of the hell their druggy mother has left them in. But he can’t resist taking up her roommates on an opportunity to get to know her better. There’s something about her honesty that keeps him coming back when he knows he shouldn’t…

Torn between common sense and desire, the two find themselves caught up in a passionate relationship. But when Tyler’s broken family threatens to destroy his future, and hers, Rory will need to decide whether to cut her ties to his risky world or follow her heart, no matter what the cost…
 



My Review:

Rating:

First I must say I absolutely love this cover! This cover is what drew me to the book in the first place. 

This was a very enjoyable book, great for a week at the beach. Laying out in the sun watching the waves crash into the sand with a good book made for a very relaxing and much needed vacation. I was not ready to come home. 

This book was very well written and I found myself really connecting with the main character Rory. She was the epitome of me when I was in collage; studying to become a coroner, went to school in Ohio and a very shy, reserved person. I felt like this was a book written specifically for me and that is what really kept me hooked on the story. 

I enjoyed watching Tyler and Rory develop and grow as a couple. There relationship was adorable and they made each other better people being together. 

Even though I truly enjoyed the story and the characters, I was hoping for a bit more in the ending. I felt like the climax of the story was lacking and that the ending was a bit abrupt. I felt like there needed to be a little bit more to their story to make it come full circle. 

I would definitely recommend this story, it is worth the read and it makes a great beach read. :)


Published by: K

No comments:

Post a Comment