Saturday, August 20, 2016

Review: The Last Star by: Rick Yancey

The Infinite Sea
By: Rick Yancey


Series: The 5th Wave Series
Genre: Science Fiction , Young Adult
Length: 338 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads:

The enemy is Other. The enemy is us.

They’re down here, they’re up there, they’re nowhere. They want the Earth, they want us to have it. They came to wipe us out, they came to save us.

But beneath these riddles lies one truth: Cassie has been betrayed. So has Ringer. Zombie. Nugget. And all 7.5 billion people who used to live on our planet. Betrayed first by the Others, and now by ourselves.

In these last days, Earth’s remaining survivors will need to decide what’s more important: saving themselves…or saving what makes us human.




My Review:

Rating:


Captivating! Nonstop action! A book to die for!

This trilogy has to be one of my absolute favorites from this year. The 5th Wave had me hooked from the very beginning and I couldn't wait to get my hands on The Last Star the moment it came out. I held off reading it only because I knew I would be sad to see the series end. However, this book was no disappointment, it held the same level of greatness as the first two books. 

Rick Yancey is a phenomenal author, these are the first books I have read by him and look forward to reading more of his work. He really knows how to draw you in and develop a world that you can find yourself getting lost in. He had me hooked from book one! 

I really enjoyed that this book focused so much on Ringer and Zombie. I enjoyed getting the opportunity to know them more and see the world through their eyes. Don't get me wrong I loved Cassie, she was an amazing character, but it was nice just to see their views and watch their relationship grow. The other thing I like about this series is it never really feels like there is one main character and the rest are all secondary characters. Throughout the entire trilogy Rick Yancey did an amazing job of making each role seem equal to the one that came before it. 

I never thought I would be able to enjoy a book that didn't have a romantic relationship brewing in the background of whatever catastrophe was happening. However, with this series romance was not a main focus and it only made me enjoy the story more. Yes, there is romance but it is subtle, something I enjoyed very much.

There were so many twists and turns throughout this story, from the beginning I had a feeling we were going to lose a beloved character, but I was not prepared for the loss we were about to take. The sacrifice one character made to save their friends and the world. I was a bit shell-shocked when this revolution was made and mentally hoping they would turn around and change their mind. 

The ending was bittersweet, not only did we loss a great character but also an amazing series was ending. I loved the moral behind this story that it is so easy to lose faith in humanity. That we turn on one another so easily and follow blindly into a cause we may no little about. This story holds true to so many of the events happening now in todays life. 

If you haven't had the opportunity to read this series, I highly recommend it! I fell in love with this trilogy from the very first book and it only got better as the books continued. I definitely see this being a book that I could read over and over again. 

If you have read it, please feel free to share your thought and opinions? We love to hear from our followers!


Published by: K





No comments:

Post a Comment