Sunday, September 11, 2016

Review: Don't Look Back by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Don't Look Back
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout 


Genre: Young Adult Mystery
Length: 384 pages


Synopsis From Goodreads:

Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all - popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend.

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash.

But Cassie is still missing, and the truth about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory - someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?
 



My Review:

Rating:

This is true proof that Jennifer L. Armentrout is a phenomenal author and can write pretty much anything, spin-chilling mysteries to epic action thrillers involving Greek gods. She is an amzing author and my inspiration for getting back into writing. I haven't read a book of hers I didn't enjoy!!

Don't Look Back had me hooked from the very beginning. This was one book I had zero interest in putting down-sleep and work were necessary evils. JLA really knows how to spin a bone-chilling thriller with unexpected twists and turns. Everytime I thought I had the killer figured out a new clue would unfold causing me to second guess my conclusion.

I loved the characters! Samantha and Carson were absolutely adorable, I couldn't get enough of their relationship. The amnesia twist was also a great add to the story, it was fun discovering the secrets about Sam's past and following her through recovered memories. Each memory hinted at a new suspect, making me only wanting more. 

This is one book I would highly recommend. JLA does not disappoint, she keeps you captivated with mystery and a need for answers. I can't wait for her new adult mystery being released soon, Til Death. She has quite the talent for writing mystery thrillers that draw you in and grab ahold of you until the very end.


Published by: K

No comments:

Post a Comment