Thursday, June 1, 2017

Review: Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sentinel
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout



Series: The Covenant Series
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Length: 297 pages
Synopsis From Goodreads:

It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.



My Review:

Rating:


LOVE THIS SERIES!!

Jennifer L. Armentrout never disappoints! I could read her books all day, everyday. She truly knows how to develop strong characters and a story that sinks it's teeth in and never lets go. Her books stay with you even when the story is over and the book has been placed on the shelf. I find myself every now and then going back to her books, skimming through my favorite scenes. I can never get enough of JLA's books!!

While I was sad to see this series end, I didn't take it too hard, being has I have The Struggle sitting on my bookshelf dying to be read!! If you follow my blog you know that I started reading The Return way before The Covenant series. Which I would try to avoid if you are new to Jennifer L. Armentrout and just starting the series, because The Return does spoil some of Alex and Aiden's story.

Alex and Aiden are truly adorable!! I love their relationship and that through it all they fight for one another. I am so happy that they got their Happily Ever After ending!! I would have been heart-broken if they were separated in the end. 

“He was my strength when I needed him to be, my friend when I needed someone to talk me down, my equal in a world where by law I would always be less than him, and honest to gods, he was the love of my life.” 

The main aspect of this story that I love and many of JLA's books is that her female characters are always strong and independent, never really needing a man to save them. Alex is such a strong character, always willing to sacrifice herself to save her friends and family. It is too often I pick up a book with a female protagonist with no real strengths of her own, only finding strength in her soulmate. 

Alex does have her moments where her strength and courage doesn't always shine through, like for instance the beginning of this book I found her to be mopey and lacking so much emotion. However, while I struggled with the new Alex, it was a character arc that she had to experience in order to return to the snarky, determined Alex we all now and love.

I loved that this book picked right up where Apollyon left off. It helped me connect the two books to one another and stay focused on the story without having to wonder, "did I miss something." Especially since this was the final book and Alex had her epic battle against Ares, I did not want to feel as though I missed something crucial. And like always Jennifer L. Armentrout did an amazing job connecting the books to one another.

Again many of the surprise deaths and actions taking among the characters had been spoiled for me and I may have enjoyed it a ten times more if I didn't know what was coming around the corner. Even so, this series is one of my favorite series and I still loved it from the very first book.

If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend that you do! You do not want to miss out on this amazing series. It has everything from action to romance to smart-ass characters. What more could one asked for?

If you have read this series please feel free to share your thoughts and comments, I would love to know what others have thought of this series!! 


Published by: K



No comments:

Post a Comment