Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Valentine's Day Perfect Books


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Each Tuesday Jana assigns a new topic...create your own Top Ten list that fits that topic - putting your own spin on it if you want. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so this is my first Top Ten Tuesday post and of course it would be a freebie (lol), but it was good practice in getting those creative juices flowing. This weeks Top Ten topic was "Love Freebie" and what better way to represent love than Valentine's Day, which is right around the corner. 

Top Ten Valentine's Day Perfect Books:

So I had to do a bit of research for this one, as I am not a big fan of traditional romance novels. The only author that really pulls at my heartstrings in the romance category would have to be Nicholas Sparks. For some reason other authors just haven't been doing it for me recently. 

But these next few books have sparked my interest and are now added to my TBR on Goodreads. 


1. The Butterfly Room by Lucinda Riley
The blurb for this book has intrigued...mystery and romance, what more could a girl want. Plus it seems to have that "Nicholas Sparks feel" to it, based off the blurb. 


2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I have wanted to read more classic novels and Jane Austen has been on the top of my list for a while now. Maybe 2020 will finally be the year I read some of her work. :)


3. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
In high school Wuthering Heights was always one of my favorite novels, however it has been so many years the story has become bit fuzzy. This is one novel I would love to pick up again. 


4. Alex & Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz
A dear friend of mine introduced me to Melissa de la Cruz in college and she quickly became one of my favorite authors. When I heard of this book I was instantly interested and it was added to my TBR in no time. A twist on a historical romance sounds like the perfect way to spend Valentine's Day. 


5. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
So of course I had to add at least one of Nicholas Sparks' books. The Notebook has always been one of my favorites...this is one romance novel I could read over and over. 


6. The Spanish Promise by Karen Swan
Who isn't a sucker for a gorgeous and colorful cover...that is what got me at first. But then the blurb had me intrigued another romance mystery, yes please!


7. Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
I have seen this book everywhere recently and the cover is so captivating I had to add it to my TBR!


8. Dangerous Alliance: An Austentacious Romance by Jennieke Cohen
This is another novel I have seen around a lot lately. A book incorporating Jane Austen's classic romances with a twist...what could be better? Added to TBR list...check!


9. The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver
Here is another book cover that free me in and boy am I glad it did...that blurb sounds way more intriguing than you would think. 


10. Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen
Another book I have seen posted everywhere and I never really gave it a chance...but after reading the blurb I regret not doing so sooner. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope y'all enjoyed my very first Top Ten. Please feel free to comment your Top Ten in the comments, I'd love to see what books y'all would choose.



3 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of romance, either, but I wnat to check out Alex & Eliza, too. I'll be honest and say it's probably born from my love of Hamilton, but still. Iv'e heard great things about Tweet Cute, too!

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few different people have mentioned Wuthering Heights this week!

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I love so many of these and definitely dig that they feel right for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete