Sunday, March 29, 2015

Review: On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

On Dublin Street 
By: Samantha Young

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 372 pages

Synposis From Goodreads:

Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare…

Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well—until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core.

Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he’s determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached.

But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won’t be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her… down to the very soul.


My Review:

Rating:

After reading the reviews on Goodreads and seeing the 4 star rating it had received, I had high hopes for this book. However, sad to say I had a difficult time getting into this book. It started out very slow and at times I found Jocelyn to be a bit annoying. 

I think I was going into the book hoping for more suspense, more mystery but instead it was quite predictable. The whole time I was waiting for some epic mystery to be exposed but it never happened.  

The romance between Braden and Jocelyn was very cute. I liked how it developed and it wasn't an instant romance. The difficulties and struggles they went through has a couple really made it seem real.

Overall, the writing was amazing and the story was good. I just don't think it was my kind of book. And maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't just read a ho-hum romance before this one. 

Published by: K


No comments:

Post a Comment