Thursday, April 9, 2020

Down the TBR Hole: 4.9.20


Down the TBR Hole is a meme created by Lia at Lost in a Story where we decide whether to keep or remove books on our TBR.
The rules for Down the TBR Hole:
  • Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here we go with another Down the TBR Hole!!


Dark Kiss
By Michelle Rowan

Date Added: June 1st, 2013

Blurb:
I don't do dangerous.  
Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back. 

Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... 

NIGHTWATCHERS 

When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...



***When I first joined Goodreads back in 2013, I went "add crazy." Over time I have slowly forgotten about many of these books and going back to re-read the premise has truly opened my eyes...there are just some books that I no longer have interest in reading.***

Verdict: Kick off


Shatter Souls
By Mary Lindsey

Date Added: June 1st, 2013

Blurb:
A thrilling debut story of death, love, destiny, and danger

Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.

Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.

***I added Shattered Souls shortly after reading the Evermore series by Alyson Noel, the premise reminded me of that series (one of my favorites at that time) and I as intrigued right away. Plus it had a gorgeous cover that helped seal the deal. :)***

Verdict: Keep it



Unearthly
By Cynthia Hand

Date Added: June 1st, 2013

Blurb:
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees...
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.


***Unearthly is another book that was recommended by my college roommate. It's been sitting on my shelf for years and as time past it has been pushed to the bottom of my TBR pile. However, starting back in January I have made it a goal to finish my "forgotten TBR pile," and this book is actually next on my list.***

Verdict: Keep it





Pulled
By Amy Lichtenhan

Date Added: June 2nd, 2013

Blurb:
For nine years, they drift through life, unable to forget the one who holds the strings to their hearts. In an attempt to escape the pain of her past, Melanie finds herself trapped in a loveless marriage, while Daniel loses himself in a career that means nothing without Melanie by his side. Now, when their lives intersect, neither can deny the connection they felt so long ago. But will the power that drew them together be enough to heal the wounds from their past, and do they have the courage to overcome the insecurities and fears that threaten to keep them apart? Pulled is a story of attraction and separation, of destiny and duty, of a love so strong it refuses to give up even when all others have.






***I added Pulled to my TBR list after reading A.L. Jackson's When We Collide, I enjoyed her writing and had hoped to purchase more of her work to read on my Kindle. However, over time I have lost interest in romance novels (so many sound like the same story) and I never did go back to read more of her work.*** 


Verdict: Kick off



Safe Word
By Teresa Mummert

Date Added: June 2nd, 2013

Blurb:
When Colton Bishop enters a bar in New York City, he has a plan. His job is to find an easy target and take her back to his place for a few days. He is working his way up the crime ladder doing a job he never wanted.

Lily Hilton has it all but is hiding from a troublesome past. When she enters a bar downtown and runs into her old high school crush, her entire world is turned upside down. She is determined to make him notice her, but that plan may work better than she expects.

Colton does not hesitate to take Lily home and use her as his new pawn, but their past begins to catch up with them as their secrets unravel and he must decide what is more important to him, protecting Lily or himself.




***At the time, I was very much into romance novels however like the book above, and as time past my interest in the genre dwindled.***

Verdict: Kick off


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What books have you decided to remove from your TBR list?


No comments:

Post a Comment