Friday, April 17, 2020

#FirstLinesFriday: 4.17.2020


First Lines Fridays is a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by Wandering Words. What if instead of judging a book by its cover, its author or its prestige, we judged it by its opening lines? Follow the rules below: 

  • Pick a book off your shelf (it could be your current read or on your TBR) and open to the first page
  • Copy the first few lines, but don’t give anything else about the book away just yet – you need to hook the reader first
  • Finally… reveal the book!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Right now, I am packing to fly to Los Angeles tomorrow, which is crazy. I’ll tell you why.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read on to discover what book this excerpt is from:

Bare Bones: I'm Not Lonely if You're Reading this Book
By Bobby Bones


Bare Bones has been sitting on my shelf for a while now, it's one of those biographies I mentioned Wednesday. 
I listen to Bobby Bones almost every morning on my way to work and I am not one for morning radio shows, when I am driving into work I often prefer listen to music, but Bobby Bones is the one and only radio show I will listen to. I enjoy the comradery among the cast and who open they are about their lives. So when Bobby Bones mentioned he was releasing a biography I was excited and couldn't wait to read it, however over time it has slowly been pushed to the bottom of my TBR. Hopefully now I can actually crack open the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment