Saturday, February 14, 2015

Wicked (A Wicked Saga #1) Review



Wicked 
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout



 Synopsis From Goodreads:

Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans. 

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart. 

Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her. 

But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.


My Review:

Rating:



Jennifer L. Armentrout has done it again!!! She never ceases to amaze me...I loved this book to no end!! I am already sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for book two. :D Summer 2015 cannot get here soon enough.

Wicked is a captivating tale about fae, those that fight them and send them back to the Otherworld. Throughout this book you follow Ivy, a member of the Order, through her struggles with loss and a major fae crisis that is about to break out in New Orleans. Then enters Ren Owens, another member of the Order (a very sexy member) and he turns Ivy's world upside down.

I love that this book was set in New Orleans, it is one of my favorite cities. It has so much character and Jennifer L. Armentrout brought all of that to this novel. It was nice reading about places there, that I have visited.

When I first started this book and found out the antagonist were the fae, I was worried I wasn't going to enjoy it as much as I enjoy her other books. Stories about fae are not my favorite, but Armentrout may have changed that for me. I really found myself enjoying this book. After reading a couple of chapters I was surprised to find that the fae were not what I expected, they were much more human and less "Tinker Bell-ish" which I think helped me enjoy the book a lot more.

The romance was once again very steamy throughout this book. Armentrout never disappoints in the romance department. I loved Ivy and Ren's relationship. Ren's character is amazing, every chapter he was in a sped through because he was such a funny person. I couldn't wait to see what transpired between the two of them.

The ending was both a bit predictable and shocking. But overall this book was absolutely amazing. This book is definitely a must read!! :)

I can't wait for book two to be released...can it come out already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment