Monday, February 23, 2015

Rebel Spirits Review


Rebel Spirits
By: Lois Ruby

Genre: Mystery and Suspense, Romance
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Length: 304 pages

   
Synopsis From Goodreads:

Infused with history and mystery, this tale of ghosts, love, and murder takes place in present-day Gettysburg, where the Civil War still looms large.

Lori Chase doesn't know what to think about ghosts. She may have seen a few in the past, but those were just childish imaginings...right? Only now that she is living in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, spirits seem to be on everyone's mind. The town is obsessed with its bloody Civil War history, and the old inn that Lori's parents run is supposedly haunted by the souls of dead soldiers.

Then Lori meets one such soldier--the devastatingly handsome Nathaniel Pierce. Nathaniel's soul cannot rest, and he desperately needs Lori's help. Because Nathaniel was not killed in the famous battle. He was murdered. Lori begins to investigate the age-old mystery, stumbling upon shocking clues and secrets.

At the same time, she can't help falling for Nathaniel, just as he is falling for her....



My Review:
My Rating: 


I picked this book up at my school book fair last year because it was only $2.00 and the snippet on the back cover sounded interesting. Who knew it would be so good!! After reading this book I immediately recommended it to my sister. Even she fell in love with this story.

The story is gripping and pulls you in right away. From page one I did not want to put the book down. The suspense had me flipping through pages so fast I was finished with the book in no time. Every chapter ended with you wanting to know what happened next.

This book was an amazingly, well written story, with a romance brewing between Nathaniel and Lori while they investigate his death during the Civil War. I loved watching the romance develop between Nathaniel and Lori, they had such a cute relationship and would love to read more about them.

This book was so good I will be recommending it to my friends. If you haven't already I suggest you pcik this book up and give it a read. :)

You can find my sister's review on her Goodreads Page

Published by: C 

No comments:

Post a Comment