Monday, March 30, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly meme hosted by The Book Date. A place for bloggers to gather to discuss what books they read and reviewed last week, what books they are currently reading and what books they are planning to read. This is a great way for me to plan my reading week, and get a sneak peek at what others are reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I read last week:

Last week's book was my first DNF in a very long time.  Almost always I will finish a book, even if I can't stand the story or the writing, but when it came to The Edge of Never I just couldn't struggle my way through. The writing was atrocious, the characters were bland and several of the scenes or chapters even were unnecessary. I barely made it 20% through and that was after 2 weeks of trying to get into the story. 

After seeing such a high Goodreads rating I thought this book must be amazing, but I was sourly disappointed. 
    
 

The Edge of Never
By J.A. Redmerski


What I am currently reading:


Anna and the French Kiss
By Stephanie Perkins


Up next:


The Wedding
By Nicholas Sparks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are y'all reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment