Sunday, March 29, 2020

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss
By Stephanie Perkins




Synopsis From Goodreads:


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review:
Rating:
⭐⭐⭐⭐

***Caution May Contain Spoilers***

“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”

Anna and the French Kiss has been sitting on my bookshelf for years. I always had the intent of making it my next read but as time past it got moved further and further down my list. I had heard so many amazing things regarding Stephanie Perkins and her books that I was so excited when I found Anna and the French Kiss on sale, I purchased the book right off the bat eager to crack it open and see what the hype was all about. However, sadly I never did get around to it until now and I can't believe it has taken me this long to finally read it.  

Anna and the French Kiss follows a high school senior who's parent have shipped her off to a prestigious French boarding school. Miles from her home and friends Anna must learn to navigate the Paris streets and her new school. Making new friends is fairly easy for Anna, on her first day at SOAP she is befriended by Meredith, St. Clair, Rashmi and Josh. So far things are looking good, not only is she making friends but she has also discovered she is in the most popular film city in the world, a huge plus for an aspiring film critic. Paris isn't looking so bad now, but things start to go awry when her feelings start getting in the way and her new friendships slowly start falling apart

Anna is falling for her new best friend, St. Clair, but things are not easy when it comes to their relationship. Both are too shy to admit their true feelings and both have been hurt in the past, whether by family or past relationships. The path to love is a long and bumping one for St. Clair and Anna but in the end it is all worth it, they discover the strengths they have when they are together. 

I powered through this book at a record pace, I honestly don't think I have ever finished a book so quickly. The writing had me hooked from the very first page and the characters had me pulled into the story, I was eager to find out what was in store for St. Clair and Anna. Would they find their way? 

Stephanie Perkins is probably one of my new favorite authors. I love her writing style, it kept me hooked from beginning to end and I enjoyed her witty and emotional dialogue between characters. She has a way of bringing to life these characters and the world of Paris so you as the reader feel like a part of the story. I can't wait to read the rest of her books. This book has definitely made it's way onto my recommendation list. 

Published by: K



1 comment: